Lasheilangling

An Abundance of Katherines
John Green
Lucky
Alice Sebold, Claudia Valeria Letizia
A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin 4.5 stars.

I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing this one...and I still have four more books to go, a lot thicker than the last and a novellas on the side as well. It took me almost a year before finally reading it until the end. Gods. I've been wanting to read this ever since I've watched the first episode of Game of Thrones season one...but been distracted with a lot of things back then--if it's not by another book, it's for the progress of my so called career and la-la-la's. So. Yeah. An epic tale isn't really my thing, although it's pretty obvious that I have liked the TV series so much (Yeah. Yeah. Bite me for being not aware of this until the TV series came. Heh.) because I am more fond of fast paced stories and my attention span isn't really that long, well, sometimes. It's one of the reason why it took me that long. And it's kinda frustrating that I have to reread it from the start when I've already been halfway through the novel because my brain stored it in my short term memory. Damn. Though that is not actually new. So. Yep.

I would not make a lengthy review for this one, a lot of A Song of Ice and Fire fans have already covered that. Heh. While, yes, it's too damn long for my liking and The devil is in the details, they say. A book this size has a lot of devils, any of which will bite you if you don't watch out. I really liked it as much as I have liked the TV series, but, thank the gods for small favors, for me, it's a good thing that they made the TV characters a little older compared to the book...still, it almost remained faithful to the plot.

I will read the next ones...how I wish it will not take me a year to finish the second one. Heh. :)