Lasheilangling

John Green
Lucky
Alice Sebold, Claudia Valeria Letizia
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare 3 stars

Okay. Okay. I've actually read this three years ago and my rating hasn't changed. I only reread it again for the preparation of its movie adaptation this week, August 21 since my brain can't actually recall its plot...although I have bits of information here and there, I forgot most of it. Yeah, Yeah, I know there will be a difference between the book and the movie adaptation...but hey, I'll just compare it anyway in the end...so, for the sake of recalling the events of the book, why not? The trailer of the movie actually encourages to read the book and join the phenomena of the mortal instruments. Heh.

Rereading it made me remember why it was just a fine read for me...although yes, the writing was good, even the flow of events were good along with the character's one-liners and banters--TMI fans, don't shoot me for not liking this as much as you have, it's just...I can't really point out why I didn't, um, liked it considering that this is actually one my loved genre (though I've been reading a lot of different genre these days. Heh.) maybe because I have this, um, bias perception of this being overrated? Or is it because there were a lot of things going on in the story and my mind were overloaded on information of some sort and it's like all the stories that I have read, so far, with this genre is like bundled up in this series...it's like there were similarities of some sort? But, hey, the good thing, I guess, was I actually remembered why I liked Simon very much. Heh. Heh. I will reread the next two...I haven't read the 4th and 5th book as well as its prequel series yet. I will give the series another chance. Who knows, I might learn to like the next ones. Heh. :)