Lasheilangling

An Abundance of Katherines
John Green
Lucky
Alice Sebold, Claudia Valeria Letizia
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky I've read this years ago...and decided to re-read again, knowing that its movie adaptation is fast approaching and the story is becoming sort of fuzzy in my mind, so, yeah, re-reading is kinda needed.

I knew years ago, after finishing it, I knew that I have liked it. I may not be as smart as Charlie and I don't have that kind of experiences that he had in the story nor what he went through, but I'm very much sure that I'm a wallflower, just like him...so, in some ways, I have related to it. The shyness, being socially awkward. But then, I don't really know, there's something that I can't really point out, but I feel like there's something that somewhat lacks in the story for me...just like what I felt after reading The Catcher in the Rye years ago. I don't know if it's because there's this feeling of being sort of overrated? I have liked it, don't get me wrong. I liked its unpredictability and how Charlie narrated his letters. It was a good story, yes, but, I don't know...see, I can't really explain it, eh? But no matter what, despite that nagging feeling that I can't really explain, I am looking forward to watch its movie adaptation...knowing that two of my favorite young actors will play Charlie and Sam. It's a 4 stars for me. :)

Does anyone noticed that there's some sort of mistake with Charlie's age in the book? He said that he turned 16 on December 24, 1991. Then on page 97 (paperback edition), that part when a policeman went to their house and announced that his Aunt Helen was killed in a car accident, it was his seventh birthday on the year 1983. So, if he was seven in 1983, he was born on 1976. So, he's 15 in 1991...but, it was said that he's 16 on that year. So, um. Okay, have you noticed that some sort of mistake? Or is it just my copy? Hahahaha.