Lasheilangling

An Abundance of Katherines
John Green
Lucky
Alice Sebold, Claudia Valeria Letizia
I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella This is a LITTLE BIT different from Miss Kinsella's usual Heroine-always-trapped-in-cringe-worthy-embarrassing moments, although yes, it had its moments, but not that really you-as-a-reader-flinch-and-pause-reading-it-then-read-it-again scenario (I mean, that's what happened to me while reading this) but I admit I laughed out loud to some parts (considering I was supposed to be asleep and not to make noises, but I can't help but laugh). It's a feel good story but almost forgettable. Yes, I just said that. I haven't connected with the characters, I'm just there, bleh, reading, remembering Miss Kinsella's usual characters--there will always be a heroine or a hero that is a business tycoon or some hot shot lawyer or something (well, the author used to be part of the business world or something. I'm not certain though, my information with it is kinda murky...and I'm not in the mood to research it.) You know what I mean if you have read some of her works. Don't get me wrong, they--Poppy and Sam--are actually likable characters, they really are, but they're just a little off with me, they are a mystery, even the secondary characters. And yep, it's a bit predictable...but I have to be honest though, that night in the woods and especially the-supposed-to-be-wedding, I smiled and sighed. Oh well. It's a 3.5 stars for me. :)